Historic Altsdtadt Chur
In 1909, Bishop Schmid von Grüneck erected a hotel, complete with banqueting hall, on the site where the stables of Chur’s canons once stood. Even then the building did not look new; by staggering the corpus of the building and varying the gables, the architect, Balthasar Decurtins, succeeded in giving the Marsöl the appearance of an old building that over the years had grown in size. Thanks to its prestigious location in front of the Episcopal Courtyard, the structure of the building still impresses to this day and, with its stylistic statement, is in architectural dialogue with the adjoining buildings.
Responsible for this content Chur Tourismus.