Powder mill Chur
Show all 3 images
The area of the powder mill covers 3.5 hectares. The powder mill was founded in 1842 by Peter Theodor Marin (1818-1864) from Zizers. In 1858, the Swiss Confederation took over the factory and had gunpowder, blasting powder and artillery powder produced until 1976. To this day, the plant contains 21 historic small buildings from the powder production period. The area and the early industrial facilities with their machines, which are driven by the Obertorer Mühlbach via a factory canal, are listed and since 2006 have provided space for a museum and an animal and leisure park.
Between April and October, guided tours of the powder mill are available by appointment (minimum 10 persons, admission CHF 10.00 / person). Registration with: Gaudenz Schmid-Lys, Rheinstrasse 186, 7000 Chur, Tel. +41 81 285 15 34 (before 9am). The museum is wheelchair accessible.
Responsible for this content Chur Tourismus.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.