Historical Site Trimmis

Molinära Estate

Gut Molinära
Gut Molinära

Show all 8 images

Gut Molinära
Mentioned as „Gut Molinära“ in 1275

Description

The ruins of Alt-Aspermont Castle, situated to the south and 180 metres higher than the Molinära estate, are the former ancestral seat of the von Aspermont family (in the service of the Diocese of Chur). The Molinära farmstead, among other things, belonged to the castle until the move to Jenins in the middle of the 13th century. In 1275, Bishop Conrad III of Belmont gave Old Aspermont to Baron Walter IV of Vaz, together with the farms Molinära, Trimmis and Tomils. It was returned to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Chur in 1299.

Contact

Molinära Estate

Molinära, 7203 Trimmis

Responsible for this content Chur Tourism.