Cantonal Parliament Building and Theater Chur
Show all 3 images
Occasionally politics and theatre seem to be the same thing. But here in Chur they merely share the same roof. The architect, Johannes Ludwig, who also designed the Bündner Kunstmuseum, built an armoury on this site between 1861 and 1863. Its rounded arches are typical of the architectural style that preceded the height of the Neo-Renaissance period and predominantly drew on the Italian Medieval era. The conversion of the former armoury to accommodate the Cantonal Parliament and the municipal theatre was carried out in 1959 accordingto the plans by the architect, Martin Risch.
Responsible for this content Chur Tourismus.