Around 1850, going for a leisurely stroll was fully in trend. In Chur things were no different, and the municipal park was the ideal place for it. The fact that the memorial slabs on the park walls rather point to last resting places than the spot for a daily stroll is no coincidence – from 1529, a cemetery was located here. The area was not transformed into the present-day park until between 1866 and 1868. Even today, an air of quiet and reverence is commanded by two historical monuments situated here; one is dedicated to the poet, Johann Gaudenz von Salis (1762–1834), the other commemorates those who gave their lives during the War.
Responsible for this content Chur - Die Alpenstadt.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.